Advisory Track Record
Our Advisory Transactions
IFI’s accomplishments in providing advisory and market entry services to multinationals dates back to the 1990’s. Our recent success includes advising the sale of a minority interest in ABA Logistics company in early 2016, and in mid-2016 we advised the IFC and Armstrong Asset Management, a Singapore-based private equity clean energy specialist fund, on a landmark investment in Gia Lai Electricity Joint Stock Company (GEC), a leading renewable energy company in Vietnam.
Additionally, our track record includes the lead advisor role in Pilmico’s acquisition of Vinh Hoan feed, providing long-term government relations and market entry service to GTech and Coca-Cola, the financing and disposal of the Hasegawa Vietnam property portfolio, and advising SAB Miller on a joint venture with Vinamilk.
- ABA Cooltrans: advised ABA in a private placement of shares to Mekong Capital in 2016. The transaction value was USD6 – 15 million in return for a non-controlling interest.
- Pilmico Food: advised Pilmico Food in its acquisition of Vinh Hoan Feed JSC from Vinh Hoan Corporation in 2014. A 70% stake was acquired immediately while the remaining 30% would be transferred within 5 years, for a total value of USD28 million.
- IFC and Armstrong Asset Management: advised IFC and Armstrong in their multimillion-USD strategic equity investment in Gia Lai Electricity JSC (GEC) in 2016. IFC and Armstrong would hold a 16% and 20% equity stake in GEC respectively.
- SAB Miller: advised SABMiller in the negotiation and formation of a brewery joint venture with Vinamilk in 2006. The brewery, based in Binh Duong Province, was equally owned by the parties. It had a total investment of USD45 million and a planned capacity of up to one million hectoliters.
Advised on acquisition of a local pharmaceutical company2013
Advised on the sale of a super minority interest in the company2015
Advising on the sale of a majority stake in the companyOn-going
Food & Beverage
Advising on acquisition of a local sauce companyOn-going
Indonesian partnership selection2013
Advised on acquisition of Société Générale Viet Finance (SGVF)2012
Advised on the US$28M acquisition of Vinh Hoan Feed2014
Advising on acquisition of a local auto dealerOn-going
Advised on the sale of a 65% stake in the company2012
Equity raising for the HCMC real estate portfolioCurrent
Commercial DD on acquisition2008
Licensing and market entry1992
Market Entry and Government Relations2012-Current
Market Entry and Government Relations2012
Advised on the US$37M joint venture1996
Advised on the 10% acquisition of FPT2006
Food & Beverage
Advised on the US$45M joint venture2006
Lead arranger for a US$42M credit facility2001